Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a terrific main dish. Great for company. Made this for Christmas dinner and my husband still talks about it. Enjoy.
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) center cut beef tenderloin
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for coating roasts, plus 3 tablespoons for sauce
- 2 tablespoons of grill seasoning (recommended ( Montreal Steak Seasoning for Steak by McCormick)
- 5 whole roasted red peppers, from jars, coarsely chopped, well drained and pat dry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup good quality pitted black olives, such as kalamata, drained well
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Liberally coat the meat with extra-virgin olive oil and grill seasoning.
- Place the roast on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan and place in oven.
- Roast the meat 10 minutes on high then reduce heat to 350°F and cook 30 minutes more. Do not open oven during those first 10 minutes.
- Place roasted peppers in food processor and add garlic, parsley, olives, salt and pepper.
- Turn the processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil, about 3 tablespoons.
- When meat in done remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.