Barenaked Chef's Note:
From Great Chicago Italian Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs beef tenderloin roast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup of baby portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup porcini mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- &frac 14 cup cold water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1Prepare the meat by trimming all the excess fat making sure you slice off the tough shiny silverskin which runs along the surface of the tenderloin.
- 2Rub the olive oil all over the beef.
- 3In a small bowl mix the oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 4Rub the herb mixture all over the meat .
- 5In a large frying pan sear the meat on all sides until a nice crust appears.
- 6Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Place the beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and roast uncovered for about 40 minutes turning once during the cooking.
- 8Remove beef from the oven and let stand around 20 minutes before slicing. Roast should be medium-rare.
- 9Meanwhile in a large frying pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 10Sauté the onions, garlic an mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- 11In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water then mix into the mushrooms.
- 12Gradually stir in the beef broth and stir for about 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- 13Blend in the Dijon mustard and tomato paste.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 152.7 mg
- Sodium 637.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 49.9 g