Recipe by looneytunesfan
From the Beef Industry Council.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Hubby and Little Miss (DD) loved this recipe, I had to leave out the sweet potatoes and use carrots (it was all I had at home) but then kept to the recipe. I had a small rib eye (enough for Little Miss (DD) and Hubby, I don't eat red meat) so I cooked it at 180oC for 1 hour and 15 mins. It was so simple to put together. Thank you looneytunesfan
- 1814.36 g well-trimmed beef rib eye roast, small end
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved, quartered
- 4 small onions, halved
- 29.58 ml minced fresh rosemary or 9.85 ml dried rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl. Add vegetables; toss.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1 3/4 hours for medium rare; 2 hours for medium doneness. After 15 to 30 minutes, place vegetables on rack around roast; roast vegetables 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Carve roast. Serve with vegetables.