1/1 Photo of Roasted Beef Rib Eye & Root Vegetables
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
From the Beef Industry Council.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) well-trimmed beef rib eye roast, small end
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved, quartered
- 4 small onions, halved
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl. Add vegetables; toss.
- 3Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1 3/4 hours for medium rare; 2 hours for medium doneness. After 15 to 30 minutes, place vegetables on rack around roast; roast vegetables 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 4Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Carve roast. Serve with vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beef Rib Eye & Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.9
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 439.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 41.7 g