Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A batata is what most of the world knows as a sweet potato.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (batatas, about 2 lb total)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and cooled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wrap whole potatoes in 1 layer of foil.
- Place in middle of a preheated 400°F oven.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- While batatas are roasting, stir together butter, lime juice, parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl with a fork until combined well.
- Unwrap batatas carefully.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Season batatas with salt and pepper and serve with lime-cumin butter.
We are sweet potatoe connoisseurs and found this mighty good. I reduced to one serving for hubby and I . Made the dip part with cilantro. The dip makes plenty so also smeared a bit on our corn and still had leftover dip. Served with Beer-Can Chicken and corn on the cob. Thank you Lavender for sharing.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe. We really enjoyed it¨
The butter was delicous. I will prepare this for different kind of meals to.
Done for ZWT7
These were really good. I loved the flavor of the cumin and lime juice together in the butter. Very simple to make and delicious. Thanks Lynn for a nice treat. Made for ZWT7 by an Emerald City Shaker.