Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a delicious way to enjoy bananas! I Had one with lemon juice & without the maple syrup & loved it! I imagine making it with orange juice & eating with chocolate sauce would be awesome too. Source: Australian Table magazine.
- 4 bananas, firm & ripe
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 25 g chilled butter, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 limes, zest of
- ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220c & line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve each banana lengthways, leaving skin intact, and place them on the baking tray, with the flesh of the fruit facing up.
- Sprinkle top of each with sugar & lime juice & dot with butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until softened & golden (skins will turn dark brown or black).
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup (warm it in the microwave first, if you like), and top with ice cream & lime zest.