Recipe by RunninLion
A quick and easy dessert recipe I came up with when I had a few not-so-ripe bananas on my hand. You can play around with different ice cream flavors if you like. For more of a "s'more" flavor, add marshmallows to the packets for the last 2 minutes and top with graham cracker crumbs instead of coconut!
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups light vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Tear off 4 medium-size squares of aluminum foil.
- Place 1 banana on each foil square.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over bananas. Top with chocolate syrup.
- Fold square over and fold edges to form a packet.
- Roast in oven on cookie sheet or oven rack for 12-15 minutes.
- Place coconut on baking sheet and place in oven. Stir every 45-60 sec. until lightly browned.
- Remove foil packets from oven and open. Cut bananas into pieces and spoon onto ice cream in dishes. Top with toasted coconut.