Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ohhh, what a recipe!
- 3 ripe unpeeled bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° and set a rack on the lower-middle level.
- Place bananas (unpeeled) on baking sheet.
- Roast until they turn black all over, approx 12 minutes.
- Remove them to cool and reduce oven to 350°.
- For crust, combine cookie crumbs, nuts and brown sugar in food processor.
- Pulse a few times to mix, then add melted butter and blend well.
- Press mixture into the bottom only of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Prepare filling: beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the roasted banana pulp, rum and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into crust and smooth top.
- Place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until cheesecake is light golden on top and begins pulling away from pan.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature on wire rack, then cover and chill overnight before serving.