Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From 101 cookbooks?
- 2 ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the bananas on a cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until the skins are black and they have started to seep. Remove from the oven , set aside, and let cool.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each.
- Squeeze the flesh of the bananas out of the skins and into a small mixing bowl. Add the coconut milk and vanilla and mash together.
- Add half of the banana mixture to the butter mixture and blend thoroughly. Add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining banana mixture, blend thoroughly, and add the remaining flour mixture; mix just enough to thoroughly blend the ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, slice, and serve warm.
Not a very strong banana flavor, could of used at least one more banana. Could not really tell that there was coconut milk in there, kind of just tasted like regular banana bread, but still good.