Recipe by Mme M
This is an easy vegetarian dish from the UK Good Housekeeping magazine, June 2007.
Top Review by Chef Kate
Simple and elegant! I love the interaction of the balsamic, the basil and the arugula/rocket--a perfect foil for the unctuousness of the roasted vegetables. Great stuff, Melissa!
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 4 courgettes, cut into thick slices
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces rocket
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the aubergines and courgettes into a colander, sprinkling a little salt over each layer to draw out excess juices. Cover with a plate, and weigh down with heavy cans for 30 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Divide all the vegeatbles and garlic between two roasting tins in a single layer. Add the oil and toss to coat. Season.
- Roast for 35 - 40 minutes until tender and golden. Stir in the vinegar and set aside to cool.
- Put into a seving dish and garnish with the fresh basil and the rocket leaves. Serve at room temperature.