Prep 6 hrs
Cook 7 hrs
Heavenly. And with very little work, to boot.
Make and share this Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Core the tomatoes and cut them in half horizontally.
- Place the tomato halves into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the top of the tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Marinate for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator and place the tomatoes cut side up onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the tomato tray into a 150ºF pre-heated oven and allow them to slow roast for 6½-7 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
So aromatic and fresh going from refrigerator to baking pan! I had to pass the dish around and everyone (kids too) agreed. Found out my oven only goes down to 170. No problem. Still slow-roasted for 7 hours. Then had a hard time keeping everyone away before I could decide how I wanted to use them. No problem there, either...they're gone. LOL Didn't have salt-sub, so I used 3/4 tsp Kosher salt. Fantastic! Thanks Miller!
"Best tomatoes I've ever had," to quote my DH. My modifications--used non-roma tomatoes from my garden. Tossed them in the dressing (sans garlic and basil) and started roasting them immediately. About 3 hours in I drizzled them with the dressing. Great stuff!
OMG! This was the perfect recipe for a batch of romas from our CSA! My husband and I enjoyed this simple recipe so much, with a crop of our home grown basil. I suggested he try them chopped and on crackers with a southwestern non fat dip. He loved it. But you are right, Mille; alone, superb! I can see a lot of possibilities for this. TYVM! kat