This is not your typical bruschetta, especially since it contains peppers, but it is absolutely delicious and my family can't get enough!
- 3 cups tomatoes (I prefer either roma or cherry or grape)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper (I don't like green peppers, so use whatever color you want)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, remove ribs and seeds, dice finely
- 1 hot banana pepper, remove ribs and seeds, dice finely
- 1 medium onion
- 8 garlic cloves (sometimes I use both) or 4 tablespoons minced garlic, if fresh unavailable (sometimes I use both)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt and pepper, each
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 -2 loaf French baguette
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice the tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic finely (typically I leave tomatoes in larger chunks -- small enough to fit on small baguette piece).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Taste test -- sometimes I add more vinegar or salt.
- Line a cookie tray with aluminum foil (sometimes I might need two trays).
- Spread mixture evenly on to cookie trays.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and place in serving bowl.
- Cut baguette in to small 1/4"-1/2" thick pieces.
- Put bread on to baking tray and bake in oven until toasted.
- Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
- Spoon the bruschetta on to your piece of bread and enjoy!
- **A cheat for dicing the veggies: use a food processor on pulse. It will save you a ton of time, and your fingers won't burn for hours on end from the jalapeno and hot pepper oils!
- **If you like spicy foods, go ahead and add more hot peppers or more cayenne pepper spice.