Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy recipe that I had at a friend's dinner party. Enjoy!
- 2 whole artichokes
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash artichokes in cold water.
- Snip off sharp points and trim the stem.
- Cut artichokes in half length-wise.
- Carefully cut or snip out the spiny inner leaves and remove the "choke" completely.
- Place in a bowl of water with lemon juice to avoid browning.
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil covered artichokes for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Remove artichokes from pot and baste them on both sides with the oil and vinegar mixture.
- Place artichokes cut side down on a grill set to medium.
- Turn after 5-7 minutes and baste again.
- Pour remaining mixture into the cups of the artichokes.
- Cook an additional 5-8 minutes, careful not to char the artichokes.
- Serve hot with or without dip.
I tried this recipe tonight and can't wait to serve it up at my next dinner party! The dish livens up this often-overlooked vegetable. Very tasty.