Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe on Cooking Light's website. The addition of radishes was really appealing! They said to use white balsamic vinegar to keep the fresh color of the veggies. Also, use real baby carrots with green tops, not the "baby carrots" they sell in plastic bags, which are not babies at all.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 lb baby carrots, with tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag radishes, halved (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (2-inch slices, about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a small bowl; set aside.
- Trim green tops from carrots; discard tops. Combine carrots and the next 5 ingredients (through radishes) in the bottom of a roasting pan, tossing gently to combine.
- Bake at 500° for 20 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from the oven; add shallot mixture and asparagus, tossing to combine.
- Return pan to oven; bake 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and chives.