Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made up this recipe myself...based on the taste and smell of my favorite potatoes from the to-go food bar at an Earth Fare organic grocery store. The taste is close, in fact I like mine better!
- 8 -10 baby red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Place the red potatoes in a microwaveable bowl, add enough water to cover the bottom half. Microwave potatoes for 3-5 minutes to get them somewhat soft.
- Add all other ingredients together in a ziploc bag EXCEPT for the parmesan cheese -- set it aside for now.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and cut them in half.
- Place potatoes in the ziploc bag, shake until they are well covered with the mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, greased with a very small amount of peanut oil or cooking spray -- whatever you choose is fine, just so they don't stick.
- Sprinkle the potatoes generously with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 for 20-25 minutes, turning them halfway through. Don't be afraid to let them brown as the crusty outside and tender inside makes them delicious.
These were really good. I thought the seasoning would be overwhelming but it was just right. We had with pork chops and the pork and potatoes really went well together. Thanks!!!
It was very good but I will use a little less salt and pepper next time.
This was great! I didn't use the thyme, I doubled the rosemary. And I used course salt plus a little extra. I also baked mine a little longer to make the outside extra crispy! This was great! Thanks for the great recipe!