Recipe by PaulaG
Roasting brings out the flavors of the potatoes, onions and garlic. You choose what color you want to use for the bell pepper.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Delicious! This is so simple to prepare, yet it's so delicious and packed with wonderful flavors. I really liked what the basil contributed, too. Thank you for sharing your recipe, PaulaG. Made for the Pantry tag game (in the Canning and Preserves forum).
- 3⁄4 lb baby red potato, washed, quartered
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 large red onion, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 10 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray an oven-proof dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add vegetables and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes, stir and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Sprinkle with dried basil, adjust salt and pepper as needed, cover and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.