I got this recipe off the Food Network from Giada De Laurentis. Excellent accompaniment to any meat dish, and so simple!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended.
- Pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large heavy baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs for approx 1 hour.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a platter
- Optional: Drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence. Serve warm or hot.
What a great recipe...so easy and soooo delicious! Definately a keeper in my Favorites of 2012. I didn't add any extra oil or herbs to my dish at the end and we really felt that we didn't need to. Served these with Weight Watchers Cajun Fish (4 Points)#426278 and Broccoli and Cranberry Salad#190492. Made a perfect dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game. Just made this for Spring PAC 2014 and now realized I have already made this...still a wonderful recipe!!!
Fantastic recipe! Mine cooked up perfectly in 1 hour and were SO flavorful. I didn't add any extra herbs or oil after cooking and they were perfect. So easy and so delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
I LOVE this recipe - it's delicious and addictive. I reduce the olive oil to 3 Tbsps and use all baby red potatoes. I also usually cut them in half and turn them often so they soak up all the great flavors. BTW, I never add more oil or herbs at the end, just don't think more is needed. Try it, you'll love it, too!