Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe by Bryan Cain and Benta Kipp. Bon Appetit Dec. 2010.
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F Toss potatoes, olive oil, and rosemary in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss again.
- Coat large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Transfer potatoes, cut side down, to prepared sheet. Roast until brown on bottom, about 15 minutes. Using metal spatula, turn potatoes over and roast until tender, 5 to 10 minutes longer. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand on sheet at room temperature. Rewarm in 400°F oven 5 minutes before continuing.
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place potatoes, cut side up, on platter (slice off rounded end to make flat, if necessary). Top each with dollop of crème fraîche, then bacon and chopped chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Loved this. It went great with salmon and squash for our 1st ZWT Dinner. Made for ZWT8.
What a fun potato recipe!!! So easy to make, especially if you already have cooked bacon, which I had leftovers from breakfast!! I made this using 2 large red skinned potatoes for the two of us. This would be awesome as finger appetizers using the tiny potatoes. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for ZWT 8.