Recipe by blucoat
This recipe is absolutely delicious and surprisingly easy. I like it with baby Yukon potatoes as they develop a crisp exterior and a soft, creamy interior. The dish also looks very attractive, especially if you use a variety of baby potatoes. The recipe was printed in Bon Appétit (April 2006) where they recommend it as part of a Passover menu. I believe it was originally printed in "The Essential Book of Jewish Festival Cooking", by Phyllis Glazer & Miriyam Glazer.
- 3 lbs assorted baby potatoes, halved (such as red-skinned, baby Yukon, White Rose, and baby purple)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, each broken into 4 pieces plus more for garnish
- 3 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Arrange potatoes in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with rosemary pieces, garlic, and salt; toss to coat. Roast until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes total.
- Mix in capers. Roast until flavors blend, about 5 minutes longer.
- Season with pepper. Transfer to bowl. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.