Recipe by PaulaG
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables and this recipe is no exception. The recipe was a grocery store handout and has been adjusted only slightly.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots with the oil, thyme and salt; tossing well.
- Spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until fork tender and lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, pepper and green onion, toss well and serve immediately.