Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables and this recipe is no exception. The recipe was a grocery store handout and has been adjusted only slightly.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots with the oil, thyme and salt; tossing well.
- Spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until fork tender and lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, pepper and green onion, toss well and serve immediately.
These were REALLY GOOD!!! I didn't have any fresh lemon, so I omiited the pepper & used lemon pepper instead. THANKS for sharing!!!
Updated: These carrotes are amazing. I never get tired of this recipe and have made it time and time again. Each time is like the first time all over again, it never disappoints. The sweetness that the carrotes bring is incredible. I love roasted carrots and these do not disappoint. They were wonderful, tender, sweet, savory and hot. I love the addition of the lemon zest with the herbs and green onions, its adds a lovely dimension to the carrots. I used sea salt and jerk pepper in the dish. Thanks for sharing another keeper Paula. :)
I already knew that I loved roasted carrots, but what made this stand out to me was the seasoning used. I never would've thought to use lemon zest with carrots, but it was perfect! I had to omit the green onions since I didn't have any on hand, but I didn't miss them at all. Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7