Recipe by jenpalombi
from Bon Appetit, December 2004. A great complement to a Christmas Meal. Tip: use kitchen gloves when peeling beets!
Top Review by Trinkets
Really tasty! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008. We loved the combination of the buttery rosemary flavor and the roasted beets. Delicious. **This was saved in my Top 2008 Recipes Cookbook!
- 30 baby beets, unpeeled, all but 1 inch of tops trimmed, rinsed (each 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, about 5 bunches)
- 4 large fresh rosemary sprigs, plus additional
- rosemary sprig, for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place beets in roasting pan. Add 4 rosemary sprigs and enough water to barely cover beets. Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast beets until tender, about 50 minutes. Transfer beets to work surface. Peel while still warm; place on rimmed baking sheet. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Melt butter with oil in small saucepan. Pour over beets on sheet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs and serve.