Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on the Food Network
- 453.59 g mixed red and candy-striped baby beets, stems trimmed to 1-inch
- 14.79 ml minced shallot
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml fresh orange juice
- 4.92 ml freshly grated orange zest
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, leaves separated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse beets. Wrap colors separately in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool.
- Peel beets and halve lengthwise.
- Whisk together shallot, juices, zest, and mustard. Whisk in oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lettuce with 3/4 of dressing. Sprinkle with beets and drizzle with remaining dressing.