1 hr 20 mins
Japanese Delight's Note:
Found on the Food Network
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mixed red and candy-striped baby beets, stems trimmed to 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, leaves separated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Rinse beets. Wrap colors separately in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool.
- 3Peel beets and halve lengthwise.
- 4Whisk together shallot, juices, zest, and mustard. Whisk in oil until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Drizzle lettuce with 3/4 of dressing. Sprinkle with beets and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Baby Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g