Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the new cookbook The Chew Food Life Fun.Takes 30 minutes to cook and it's ready to eat!
Make and share this Roasted Autumn Vegetables(Daphne Oz) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 shallots, halved (or 1 large red onion, cut in wedges)
- 1 butternut squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 226.79 g Brussels sprout, halved
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml dried lentils, rinsed (Daphne uses black lentils)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 44.37 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 226.79 g arugula (or spinach)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, shallots, squash, Brussels sprouts, and garlic. Drizzle 2 tbls. of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Pour vegetables onto a sheet tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing once, halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lentils by putting them into a small saucepan and covering with water by 2 inches. Add the onion and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and discard the onion, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the veggies are finished roasting, remove the garlic. Peel and mash the garlic in a small bowl, combine with the remaining 4 tbls. of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard, and whisk into a vinaigrette. Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette, fold in the arugula or spinach leaves, and then top with roasted vegetables to serve.