From the new cookbook The Chew Food Life Fun.Takes 30 minutes to cook and it's ready to eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 shallots, halved (or 1 large red onion, cut in wedges)
- 1 butternut squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprout, halved
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed (Daphne uses black lentils)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb arugula (or spinach)
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the carrots, shallots, squash, Brussels sprouts, and garlic. Drizzle 2 tbls. of the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Pour vegetables onto a sheet tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing once, halfway through.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare the lentils by putting them into a small saucepan and covering with water by 2 inches. Add the onion and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and discard the onion, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 4Once the veggies are finished roasting, remove the garlic. Peel and mash the garlic in a small bowl, combine with the remaining 4 tbls. of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard, and whisk into a vinaigrette. Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette, fold in the arugula or spinach leaves, and then top with roasted vegetables to serve.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Autumn Vegetables(Daphne Oz)
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g