Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a comforting, stick to your ribs soup. Great on cold winter days. Roasting the vegetables helps bring out their natural sweetness. Recipe comes from Weight Watchers, points 2.
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups winter squash, cubed
- cooking spray
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan combine onion, carrots, parsnips and squash; coat with cooking spray; roast for 15 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in a large pot; add broth and milk, season to taste with salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processer, or use an immersion blender in pot, and blend until smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes, (note: add more water or broth to achive desired thickness).
Made a huge batch! The soup is good, a little bland, but the sweetness of the vegetables is sickly if you eat a heaping bowl, best served in small portions! (Added a little bit of spice, Emeril's seasoning)