Recipe by Barb G.
This is a comforting, stick to your ribs soup. Great on cold winter days. Roasting the vegetables helps bring out their natural sweetness. Recipe comes from Weight Watchers, points 2.
Top Review by NeXuS
Made a huge batch! The soup is good, a little bland, but the sweetness of the vegetables is sickly if you eat a heaping bowl, best served in small portions! (Added a little bit of spice, Emeril's seasoning)
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups winter squash, cubed
- cooking spray
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan combine onion, carrots, parsnips and squash; coat with cooking spray; roast for 15 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in a large pot; add broth and milk, season to taste with salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processer, or use an immersion blender in pot, and blend until smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes, (note: add more water or broth to achive desired thickness).