Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From a local source. Be sure the asparagus spears are of uniform size so that they roast evenly. I used this recipe: Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil for making my own homemade sun-dried tomatoes. Saved $$!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 1 bunch scallion, ends trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil (from the jar or read intro^^)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, scallions, and the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat well. (Time willing, I try to combine the ingredients at least an hour in advance to allow the mixture to marinate.).
- Transfer the asparagus to a baking sheet and arrange in single layer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 7 minutes. Stir the mixture and roast until tender and slightly browned, approximately 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
So good! I would have never believed that seven minutes was enough to roast asparagus, but really, that's all the longer it took in a preheated oven. I followed the recipe exactly and enjoy the wonderful flavors and the very pretty presentation with the tasty little red specks from the tomatoes. Yum!
10 stars! LOVED IT. Made it exactly as written (except I didn't read the part about adding the scallions after cooking so some of my scallions were black, but that's my fault). I will most certainly make this again and again. Thanks for sharing.
Loved it! I marinated mine in a plastic bag for a few hours....The taste is fabulous, I did add a touch of garlic infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar....great recipe!