Top Review by Vin Cent
So good! I would have never believed that seven minutes was enough to roast asparagus, but really, that's all the longer it took in a preheated oven. I followed the recipe exactly and enjoy the wonderful flavors and the very pretty presentation with the tasty little red specks from the tomatoes. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 1 bunch scallion, ends trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, plus
- 1 -2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil (from the jar or read intro^^)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, scallions, and the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat well. (Time willing, I try to combine the ingredients at least an hour in advance to allow the mixture to marinate.).
- Transfer the asparagus to a baking sheet and arrange in single layer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 7 minutes. Stir the mixture and roast until tender and slightly browned, approximately 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.