Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
Another recipe I watched Ina make that looked so scrumptious. This recipe is on foodnetwork, but I have editted it here to make it more healthy. I tried it this way and thought it was great! Hope you like it.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 2 slices whole grain bread (suggestion (7 grain bread)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter, and stir until it melts. Check for seasoning, salt and pepper, if needed, and serve with the roasted asparagus and 7-grain bread.