1/2 Photos of Roasted Asparagus With Scrambled Eggs - Barefoot Contessa / Ina
Another recipe I watched Ina make that looked so scrumptious. This recipe is on foodnetwork, but I have editted it here to make it more healthy. I tried it this way and thought it was great! Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat the asparagus completely.
- 3Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- 5Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- 6While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- 8Remove from the heat, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter, and stir until it melts. Check for seasoning, salt and pepper, if needed, and serve with the roasted asparagus and 7-grain bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus With Scrambled Eggs - Barefoot Contessa / Ina
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute