Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Barefoot Contessa website.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 16 extra-large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat, add 2 more tablespoons of butter, and stir until it melts.
- Check for salt and pepper and serve with the roasted asparagus.
this is surprisingly yummy for such a simple dish!
Loved it ! I made this as part of DH's Birthday Lunch and he loved it. I scaled it down to 2 large servings and it was quick and easy to make and we polished off the lot in one sitting it was so good. Please see my Rating System: 4 lovely stars for an excellent asparagus recipe that will be featuring on our table more often during the summer months. Thanks!