Barefoot Contessa website.
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus With Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat, add 2 more tablespoons of butter, and stir until it melts.
- Check for salt and pepper and serve with the roasted asparagus.