1/2 Photos of Roasted Asparagus With Scrambled Eggs
Barefoot Contessa website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them.
- 3Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- 4Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 5Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- 6Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- 7While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 8Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- 9Cook the eggs on the lowest heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, to the desired doneness.
- 10Remove from the heat, add 2 more tablespoons of butter, and stir until it melts.
- 11Check for salt and pepper and serve with the roasted asparagus.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus With Scrambled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 700.5 mg
- Sodium 732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g