Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- Trim asparagus by holding spears, one at a time, with one hand about halfway up the stalk, bottoms up.
- Then grasp the bottom of the stalk with the other hand and bend until it breaks.
- It will break where the bottom begins to toughen.
- Wash spears and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Snap rosemary sprigs in half.
- Put in a micowaveable dish with oil and cook on half power for a minute.
- Then put oil, rosemary and asparagus in a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet.
- Rub or brush asparagus thoroughly with oil.
- Let marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Put skillet in the oven and cook 10 minutes, shaking a few times to coat spears with oil and cook evenly.
- Drain from oil and serve.
I cut this recipe in half, and it worked out so well! I didn't use fresh rosemary, but I will next time. What a great way to eat asparagus- different, but welcome, taste from most recipes.