Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe adapted from Eating Well.
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- Toast pine nuts in a 350 degree oven until golden (7 to 10 minutes) Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Peel the stalks if you want extra tender asparagus.
- Toss asparagus with shallot, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn twice during cooking.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts to serve.