Recipe by Charlotte J
Asparagus with a balsamic vinegar reduction topped pine nuts. YUM I found this on the internet.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious! How can you go wrong with these ingredients? I love pine nuts and asparagus and the balsamic reduction is wonderful! We will definitely be having this dish again!!! Made for the AUS/NZ Make My Recipe tag, November, 2011.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pine nuts in a small baking pan and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Snap off the tough ends of asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus with shallot, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Roast, turning twice, until the asparagus is tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, swirling the pan occasionally, until slightly syrupy and reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, toss the asparagus with the reduced vinegar and sprinkle with the pine nuts.