Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy and different way to cook your asparagus. From BHG magazine.
- 907.18 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml finely chopped radish
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, snipped
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 450*F. Place the asparagus in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Roast uncovered, about 15-20 minutes or till crisp-tender(or done to your taste). Use tongs to lightly toss 2 times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter, radishes, chives, and lemon juice. Transfer asparagus to a warm serving platter. Serve with butter mixture.
- Makes 8 servings.
Was so simple didn't need to drain or flip it over. Using the parchment paper it came off easy. I cooked it and did a few chores lol vacuumed my room then cleaned the ferrets litter box. I went into the kitchen to check on it a second time and it was still soft in the middle quiet a bit. But deiced better safe than sorry I got the tongs snatched them off and they finished cooking out of the oven and were perfect. Oven cooked bacon only for now on never once did I get popped by grease.
This is a great way to cook asparagus...roasting it is the only way to go for me now. I cooked extra, planning on using the leftovers to make Sharon's Paula Deen sandwich recipe, but my son kept nibbling them until they were all gone, a definite endorsement for the 5 stars.
Made for the Sharon 123 Cookathon
The intro says it all: "A yummy and different way to cook your asparagus." It was easy and the radish adds an interesting flavor to to the butter.