Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple understated elegance for your table.
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb medium white button mushrooms, stemmed nd quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, perferably the coarse variety,and freshly ground pepper,to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 -3 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In a non-stick baking baking sheet with sides, toss the asparagus and mushrooms with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned, turning once or twice.
- Place vegetables on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle vegetables with vinegar and toss gently to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 4 servings.
This made for some outstanding asparagus. I followed your instructions to the letter. My husband and I loved the flavor of the roasted asparagus and balsamic vinegar. This was very easy to make too. Thanks Bev!!
I'm definitely not an asparagus fan but this was delicious! I'd have asparagus anytime if it is served like this!
If you love asparagus, you will love it even more. The roasted flavors of asparagus and mushrooms accented by balsamic vinegar and served at room temperature will have you saying [i] wow![/i]