- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb medium white button mushrooms, stemmed nd quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, perferably the coarse variety,and freshly ground pepper,to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 -3 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In a non-stick baking baking sheet with sides, toss the asparagus and mushrooms with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned, turning once or twice.
- Place vegetables on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle vegetables with vinegar and toss gently to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 4 servings.