Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Miso has a rich taste, which is perfect for asparagus. This recipe has a nice Asian flavor and I like to serve this especially with teriyaki steak or salmon, and a crisp green salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon oil
for the dressing
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon beet sugar (or granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bend asparagus gently and allow to snap where they naturally break; discard end pieces.
- Lay asparagus on a roasting pan, and drizzle with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until they are cooked through but not soft, shaking the pan mid-way through cooking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, miso, water, sesame oil, and sugar, until sugar is dissolved and everything is thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle dressing over cool asparagus and allow to"marinate" at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
great side dish. You dont need much of he marinade, miso is so savory.
I like the taste of miso. I cooked the asparagus the day before using it. I then used the asparagus as a cold divided between the meat and veggies on a plate. Looked great and sure tasted good with the miso dressing over it. Thanks Sue