Simple, fresh, and bright. Serve warm or cold. Recipe by Melissa d'Arabian, winner of "The Next Food Network Star" 2009. Her show is called "Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian". This recipe is from "Savory Savings" episode. This would be wonderful dish for a picnic. COOKS NOTE: I had more asparagus then the recipe called for so I doubled the Vinaigrette but used only about 3/4 of it. Since you have the whole lemon anyway, you might as well double it. I did not want to saturate the asparagus but felt it needed more. I also used some of the lemon zest as a garnish and served it chilled. It was wonderful...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fresh asparagus, washed, woody stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Vinaigrette
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wash asparagus well to remove any sand from the tips, break off woody part of stem by holding the stalk at each end and gently bending until it snaps. pat asparagus dry.
- 3In a large bowl toss asparagus with the olive oil, and liberally season with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread the stalks out on a baking sheet, in a single layer, and roast until tender but still firm and moist, about 10 minutes. If you are using the really "skinny" stalks, be careful not to over roast them.
- 5Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette, see Cooks Note:.
- 6In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking quickly to emulsify the olive oil into the juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter, toss with the vinaigrette and serve. The dish may be eaten warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus With Lemon Vinaigrette --Courtesy Melissa D'ar
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g