Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good. Mine came out very lightly flavored of the garlic and the lemon. I would add even more next time. These looked gorgeous as I pulled them out of the oven - with the roasted lemon wedges scattered about the platter.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough stem ends from the asparagus spears and arrange the spears on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest.
- Brush the asparagus evenly with the oil, turning the spears to coat well, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lemon wedges around the asparagus.
- Bake until the asparagus is tender and just turning golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a warmed serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.