Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Snap off the tough stem ends from the asparagus spears and arrange the spears on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest.
- Brush the asparagus evenly with the oil, turning the spears to coat well, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lemon wedges around the asparagus.
- Bake until the asparagus is tender and just turning golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a warmed serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.
Very good. Mine came out very lightly flavored of the garlic and the lemon. I would add even more next time. These looked gorgeous as I pulled them out of the oven - with the roasted lemon wedges scattered about the platter.
Good asparagus! I cooked this on my gas grill on indirect heat and it came out perfect. The combination of olive oil, garlic and lemon made the asparagus really tasty. Don't leave out the lemon wedges, they add a lot to the 'sauce'. Thanks for the recipe Mimi!
Excellent! I increased the garlic and lemon. Spectacular! Will definitely make again.