Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Asparagus with a hit of lavender and yummy garlic.
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus With Lavender, Lemon and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs asparagus, rough ends snapped off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 sprigs fresh lavender flowers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh cracked
- coarse salt
- Place ingredients in order as ingredients stated in a casserole dish ending with salt to taste.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes toss ingredients roast for 20 more minutes.
Delicious recipe! I used local organic asparagus and garlic and fresh lavender from our garden. The problem I have is the long roasting time. Most asparagus would be shriveled stalks (which in their former life used to be asparagus) if cooked for a full 40 minutes. I roasted them for 10 minutes and it worked out fine! Change the cooking time and I'll happily give the recipe a 5 star-rating.
This is a nice change from steamed asparagus, although cooking time may have been a little long. We like it a little crisper. The flavors are really nice, though.
Yummy! This will be a go to recipe for me from now on. I love cooking with lavender. This is easy and very very flavorful.