Recipe by Rita~
Asparagus with a hit of lavender and yummy garlic.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Delicious recipe! I used local organic asparagus and garlic and fresh lavender from our garden. The problem I have is the long roasting time. Most asparagus would be shriveled stalks (which in their former life used to be asparagus) if cooked for a full 40 minutes. I roasted them for 10 minutes and it worked out fine! Change the cooking time and I'll happily give the recipe a 5 star-rating.
- 2 lbs asparagus, rough ends snapped off
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 sprigs fresh lavender flowers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh cracked
- coarse salt