Recipe by jovigirl
I love asparagus, I love Gruyere... this has to be fabulous!
Top Review by FlemishMinx
Lovely combination that doesn't detract from the asparagus (in the opinion of hard-core asparagus lovers like us). I cooked this at a slightly lower temperature for slightly longer to accomodate another dish I had in the oven at the same time with no problem. Must blushingly admit that two of us ate the entire quantity. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gruyere
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. If desired, scrape off scales. In 15x10x1 baking pan, combine asparagus, sweet pepper and onion. Drizzle with oil; toss gently to coat. Spread in single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast about 20 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.