Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Serve with Broiled Portobellos Topped with Creamy Scrambled Eggs and Chive-Corn Muffins. Both posted to this site. Add chilled Champagne and you will have an elegant, beautiful brunch fit for royalty.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 lbs medium asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Arrange asparagus on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 T. oil and turn to coat well.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast asparagus until crisp-tender when pierced with knife, about 7 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus in single layer on platter.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese, then bacon.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 t. oil.
- Sprinkle grated lemon peel over.
- If not serving right away, cover and serve at room temp later.
I use coriander goat cheese which added a nice flavour. It's super easy to make and a great substitute for a salad.
I've made this twice now. First time, for DH and me. Second time for company. Everyone loves it. Very nice, simple, delicious side dish.