Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make brown butter, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Skim off the white foam as it rises to the top.
- Continue cooking until the butter is medium brown and smells like roasted nuts.
- Snap the ends from the asparagus they'll break at the point of tenderness.
- Or slice the ends off closer to the root end and peel spears with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler.
- Rinse, then soak for a few minutes in a couple of changes of cold, lightly salted water.
- Agitate lightly to release grit that may be trapped.
- Rinse well again and pat with paper towels.
- Brush a shallow baking dish or jelly-roll pan large enough to hold the asparagus in a single layer with a film of brown butter.
- Spread asparagus in dish and brush with the remaining butter.
- Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Shave or grate the cheese over the asparagus, sprinkle with pepper and serve warm.
Yum! Easy and yummy. The cheese adds a great depth of flavor. Thanks Paula! Posted for Culinary Quest FP, 2014
I enjoyed this as a side to Chicken Piccata and loved it. Quick and easy to make after a long day at work. Thanks for sharing! Made for Culinary Quest Summer 2014.
DH and I served this as a side last night and knew we would enjoy it because we love pecorino. I thought it was good, but am not sure that the effort of the brown butter is superior to just drizzling it with olive oil, roasting it, and shaving the cheese on top after. Thanks for a nice side. Made for ZWT4.