1/4 Photos of Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter and Pecorino
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2To make brown butter, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 3Skim off the white foam as it rises to the top.
- 4Continue cooking until the butter is medium brown and smells like roasted nuts.
- 5Snap the ends from the asparagus they'll break at the point of tenderness.
- 6Or slice the ends off closer to the root end and peel spears with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler.
- 7Rinse, then soak for a few minutes in a couple of changes of cold, lightly salted water.
- 8Agitate lightly to release grit that may be trapped.
- 9Rinse well again and pat with paper towels.
- 10Brush a shallow baking dish or jelly-roll pan large enough to hold the asparagus in a single layer with a film of brown butter.
- 11Spread asparagus in dish and brush with the remaining butter.
- 12Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 13Shave or grate the cheese over the asparagus, sprinkle with pepper and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter and Pecorino
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g