Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in one of my cooking light magazines and decided to give it a try. I have never cooked asparagus before this and was unsure how it was going to turn out, but I thought it tasted really good. The balsamic browned butter gives it a really good taste and the asparagus comes out perfect when baked in the oven.
- cooking spray
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat.
A winner! I've never made brown butter before or at least on purpose and it's delicious! Ran out of soy sauce so I substituted Braggs Liquid Aminos which is very similar but more healthy. Will make this again.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! Even my kids love it! Thanks for taking roasted asparagus up a notch!
My family absolutely LOVES asparagus prepared just about any way, but I believe this one is the best I have every made......and VERY easy! EVERYONE loved it! I should have made a double recipe. It would be nice enough to serve to guests as well.