Recipe by nkoprince08
I found this recipe in one of my cooking light magazines and decided to give it a try. I have never cooked asparagus before this and was unsure how it was going to turn out, but I thought it tasted really good. The balsamic browned butter gives it a really good taste and the asparagus comes out perfect when baked in the oven.
Top Review by mybirdzone
A winner! I've never made brown butter before or at least on purpose and it's delicious! Ran out of soy sauce so I substituted Braggs Liquid Aminos which is very similar but more healthy. Will make this again.
- cooking spray
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat.