Recipe by Kelly M.
From an unknown magazine clipping. Make the butter ahead of time if you like. I cut this recipe down easily and did not have fresh thyme so I used dry. Great dish!
Top Review by Bergy
I always roast my asparagus but your recipe added a nice touch with the shallot, lemon rind & Balsamic. I omitted the butter (I know I love it but!!!) and lightly sprayed the asparagus with lite Olive oil, sprinkles the shallot, lemon rind & balsamic over the spears, sealed the pkg of foil around them and baked in 375 oven for 15 minutes - They were heated through but still had crunch, perfect. Thanks KellyM for a now favorite way for me to roast asparagus
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 lbs asparagus spears
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shallots, butter, vinegar, thyme salt and rind, stirring well with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus.
- Arrange spears in a single layer on a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Pour butter mixture over asparagus, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.