Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavourful and healthy side-dish!
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Garnish with cracked pepper and rind, if desired.
Because I am watching "fat" intake I omitted the butter (even though I would love it) and this recipe was still great- The balsamic with the soy really added to the flavor of the asparagus. Lovely side dish Thanks for posting