Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine; it differs from some of the other Cooking Light recipes in that there is no oil and fewer ingredients. It is a very simple and delicious way to prepare asparagas.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Arrange asparagas in single layer on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes until tender.
- Melt butter in small skillet; cook for 3 minutes until light brown. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagas and serve immediately.
Oh boy...these are mine! Mine!! MINE!!! Ok, you can come over...and watch me eat 'em.
Wow!!! I don't give to many 5 stars to vegetables, but this one certainly deserved it! I love roasted veggies and this recipe couldn't have got any easier. We had friends come over at the last minute and this recipe came to the rescue! I will definately remember this one when I get into the same jam the next time!!! Good find!!!
Well...a strange thing happened and I ended up cooking brussel sprouts in place of asparagus as mine were frozen in my fridge vegetable bin. However the method of roasting then combining with the sauce was still delicious. Cant wait to get some more asparagus and try as intended.