Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from Cooking Light and it is our very favorite way to have asparagus. In the summer we grill the asparagus on the barbeque and then drizzle it with the sauce. I guessed at the serving size
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; toss to coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until tender.
- Just before asparagus is done, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.
- Do not burn the butter or let it get too brown, should be golden brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This is such a yummy recipe! I used to always cook asparagus in my wok, completely unaware that you could cook it in the oven. This is, without a doubt, the best way to cook asparagus. It's perfect, not hard - but not mushy. And the flavor is incredible. I paired this with a lemon chicken dinner, and gosh, it was a hit! Definitely making this side dish more often!
If you like asparagus then you'll love this recipe. I'm not a big fan so I was looking for a recipe to make eating it more bearable, but I could still taste the asparagus, which tastes like deformed broccoli to me (I know I sound like a 5 year old, lol). So this was not great for me but since I was able to eat it without massive complaint means that if you like asparagus then you'll probably love this recipe!
So simple-- made a wonderful side to go with fish, and I suspect will go with most anything else. I've ben on an asparagus kick the past month or so; I'll keep this on file and will certainly be making this again very soon, Thanks!