Recipe by shimmerchk
I got this recipe from Cooking Light and it is our very favorite way to have asparagus. In the summer we grill the asparagus on the barbeque and then drizzle it with the sauce. I guessed at the serving size
- 2 lbs asparagus spears (trim or peel any stalks that seem tough)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; toss to coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until tender.
- Just before asparagus is done, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.
- Do not burn the butter or let it get too brown, should be golden brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat.
- Serve immediately.